This Volunteer Seminar will be held during the 2016 Virginia Dental Association Meeting.
Faculty: Dr. Francis G. Serio
Title: International Volunteer Dental Projects: What’s It All About Anyway?
Date: Friday, 9/16/2016
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: Norfolk Waterside Marriott
REGISTER on meeting website: http://www.vadental.org/events/virginia-meeting
Course #: TBD
C. E. Credit Offered: Please check meeting website
This course is designed for dentists, dental hygienists, and other interested parties who want to learn more about the nuts and bolts of volunteering around the world or around the block. It will also be useful for those with some volunteering experience looking for new ideas or just validation of what they are doing. Topics include the nature of volunteer activities, cross-cultural issues, comparison of service and teaching projects, how to get started either at home or abroad, the nuts and bolts of volunteering overseas and at home, and where to find these volunteer opportunities. There will be ample time for interaction with the presenters and other experienced members of the audience.
• Focus on the importance of working within the context of the local community.
• Compare and contrast the nature of teaching and service projects with the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
• Outline the steps necessary to get started including needs assessment, goal setting, and team assembly.
• Describe the nuts and bolts of volunteering including what to do and resources to support the project.
• Find volunteer projects and other sources of information.
CLICK HERE to view other Volunteer Seminar dates
These seminars are financially supported by the USA Sections of both the International College of Dentists (ICD) and the Academy of Dentistry International (ADI).