Dental Service Trips: What You Need to Know
Speaker: T. Bob Davis, DMD
Date: Friday, April 27, 2018
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Room: 251 D, E, F
CLICK HERE to register on the meeting website.
The starting point is admitting you have NEVER done something you have HEARD about, and THOUGHT about, but have yet TO DO from your bucket list of goals/dreams for your life. There’s no time like the present to hear of others DOING IT and being around dynamic colleagues who have a passion for sharing their talents, skills, and heart with those less fortunate in the world we share. Get the BIG PICTURE plus DETAILS. Your life will never be the same!!!!! What are you waiting for?
- Identify the needs for dental volunteers, basis for volunteering, qualifications of volunteers.
- Point out local, national, and international locations, groups and individuals involved.
- Give details of the “how to’s” of starting a trip, joining another group trip, teaching in a school, lists of fixed/portable equipment plus supplies needed and available.
- See recent photos/videos of existing missions and hear testimonies from recent participants.
- Motivate and inspire altruistic volunteerism while creating networking among those doing it.
Dr. Davis is a native of Troy, Alabama, a graduate of Samford University and the University of Alabama School of Dentistry. After a stint in the U.S. Air Force, he moved to Dallas, TX and practiced general dentistry for 46 years. Dr. Davis has been actively involved in leadership roles with multiple dental organizations throughout his career; he is currently serving as president of ADI. He has a passionate commitment to dental missions, having taken over 1,500 dental students, 500 dentists, and numerous hygienists, assistants, and staff on one of his 40 plus years of dental mission trips to Mexico and Central America. Today you’ll feel how passionate he is about volunteerism!! www.tbobdavis.com
CLICK HERE to view International Volunteer Opportunities through the ADA Foundation
These seminars are financially supported by USA Sections of both the International College of Dentists (ICD), the Academy of Dentistry International (ADI) and the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, Inc.